I went to work as usual and got off at 4:00pm, I remember thinking to myself I should really go to the bathroom before I leave but I thought to myself "It will only take me about 40min or so to get home so I can wait" boy was I wrong. We had freakish weather in Southern California that day and it ended up pouring down rain all the way home. That is until it started snowing on the 10 freeway yes, you heard me correctly it was snowing. The traffic was backed up all the way to Redlands and it was only moving about 5 miles per hour or less. At this point in time I was kicking myself for not going to the bathroom at work. Needless to say I was stuck in traffic with no where to go and all I could do was wait it out :( but wait, what if I get off the freeway and take side streets?? That's a fabulous idea!! So that's what I did. It was great I was really making progress until I turned a corner and it turned into a dead stop!! I looked over to my right to look at the freeway (I was on the access road directly across from the freeway) and it was flowing nicely, going at least 55 MPH. I was about to go insane!! I had to pee like a race horse, I had been on the freeway for about 2 hours, I was starving, and I was stuck with no where to go. I FINALLY made it home and it only took me 2 hours and 40 minutes.
It was still pouring rain when I got home and everything was fine for about an hour or so. Then we lost electricity.......fantastic!! I thought about my next door neighbor who was 9 1/2 months pregnant and by herself (her husband works nights). I lit some candles for Nick so he could see around the house then ran next door to check on Mel. Shortly after I got to her house the electricity came back on but I decided to stay and hang out for a bit.
She asked me how I was feeling (I told her I had been feeling kind of weird lately) and I told her nothing had really changed and I still felt weird. She looked at me and said you know what is wrong with you right?? (Ummm No I don't, why don't you fill me in) She says your pregnant!! I proceed to tell her that No that is not what is making me feel bad and she said Jaime I know you are pregnant!! She said I have an extra pregnancy test upstairs, just go take it to make sure. To make her happy I agree!! She gives me the test and I go into the bathroom to once and for all prove her wrong. I peed on the stick and waited.........and waited..........and waited. Finally I look down at it and HOLY CRAP it says I'm PREGNANT!!! I immediately run out of the bathroom screaming for Mel and tell her the news. We are both screaming and hugging each other acting like 12 year old girls. Then it dawns on me....I have to go and tell my husband. I tell her I will come back later on and run next door to my house.
I have always envisioned the day I would be able to tell Nick that he is going to be a daddy. I would do it in a really cute way and make it really special. Well that's great if you can do that but there was NO way I could keep this kind of news from him. I busted in the door of the house and said "I HAVE to talk to you right now" he looks at me kinda weird and says "why am I in trouble or something?" I finally got him to sit down on the couch and said to him I need to show you something. I pulled out the test I had just taken and gave it to him. His eyes turned as big as saucers and he said "who's is this"? I couldn't help but laugh because I knew he was in total shock. I told him it was ours and then he got the cutest smile on his face and I could tell he was just as excited, nervous, and scared as I was. Then we called my parents and Nick's parents to share the good news. This was one of the best days of our lives!!
No comments:
Post a Comment