Monday, October 27, 2008

27 Weeks And In The 3rd Trimester

So I made it to the 3rd trimester!! Two down and only one to go!! Its hard to believe that when I found out I was pregnant I had about 260 days until my due date. As of today we have 89 days to go until we get to meet our daughter....assuming that she cooperates and comes on her actual due date!! Here is what is going on with her this week:


This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

Just a side note...Nick and I felt her having the hiccups this weekend. It was the first time I could actually tell it was hiccups and not just her kicking. It was really cool that we were together so we could both experience it at the same time.

3 comments:

korie said...

Too cute! Love the hiccups makes them seem so real! They are really little people in there.

korie said...

Oh and yes your Grandma is so sweet to leave a comment on my blog. I love to know I have readers! My own family doesn't even leave comments.

Anonymous said...

I remember you having the hiccups! It's something you won't soon forget!

Love,
Mom

Who Is Visiting