I can not believe you are one already. I remember the day I found out I was pregnant with you and it seems like yesterday. I remember that day so clearly and I remember how happy your Daddy and I were that you were on your way. I remember thinking how much I loved you already and how I prayed that you were safe and healthy. We were so anxious to meet you and we got our first chance at 7 weeks via ultrasound. You looked like a little gummy bear and I completely fell head over heals in love with you. Your little heart was beating away and it was the most beautiful thing Daddy and I had ever seen.
On August 16th, 2008 we got to see you again via ultrasound. This was an exciting day because we were going to finally find out if you were a boy or a girl. Mommy and Daddy both thought you were going to be a boy so you could imagine our surprise when we found out we were having a sweet baby girl. Everyone was excited and thankful that you were healthy and we were counting down the days until your arrival.
On January 20th Mommy was induced with you because of my high blood pressure. After SEVERAL hours of labor Dr. Rodriguez thought it would be best if you entered this world via C-Section. I was scared but the thought of seeing you after 9 long months got me through this. I will NEVER EVER forget the way I felt when I knew I was finally going to see you. Daddy and I were both so excited and happy. You arrived at 9:18am on January 21st 2009 and you were the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. The Dr. held you up for me to see and then you were whisked off to be cleaned, your umbilical cord cut, and have your lungs cleaned out. Daddy was by your side the entire time and would come back and tell me what they nurses were doing and how you were. Daddy kept telling me that you were so beautiful and that you had red hair. That was a shock to both of us because both Daddy and I had dark brown hair when we were born.
Mommy had to spend about 2 hours in recovery so I didn't get to hold you right away. Daddy went to the nursery with you while I was re cooperating and showed you off to your family. Grandma and Grandpa Beck, Aunt Kelly, And Great Grandma and Grandpa Beck were all there watching you in the nursery. Everyone was so happy you were here and that you were healthy. Mommy finally got out of recovery and into her room and the nurses brought you to me. I still remember the way you felt in my arms. You were so tiny and perfect and I thought at that moment "my god I am so blessed to have this amazing little girl". You were so sweet and beautiful and I couldn't believe you were ours.
Charlotte you have now been in our lives for a year and it has been the best year of my life. You amaze me every single day and I am truly honored to be your mommy. You are the greatest gift god has ever given us and I thank him everyday that he allowed us to be your parents. You are an amazing little girl and we both love you so very very much.
Love,
Mommy
2 comments:
Oh that made me cry!!! Congrats on your toddler! And Happy Birthday Charlotte!
What a great letter and fun to reminisce Through those nine months again. I remember it like it was yesterday. I can't believe its been 1 year already! You and Nick are doing such a great job...we are so proud of you both. Thanks for making us proud Grandparents!
Love,
Mom and Dad AKA Papa and Grandma B.
Post a Comment