The Dr. came in to give me an exam and I BEGGED him to induce me because
1. I was over being pregnant and my due date was only 3 days away
2. Nick and I were both born on the 21st (He is July and I am June) and I thought it would be cool if our baby was born on the 21st of January
The Dr. laughed at me and said I cant just induce you because you want me too. Then he took my blood pressure and said "wow maybe you will get your wish after all because if your blood pressure continues like this you will have to be induced today". Part of me was super excited because I could be having a baby today and the other half of me was scared out of my mind. After an hour or so of testing for both me and the baby it was decided - I was going straight to the hospital to be induced.
Reality set in as soon as I walked outside to my car and called Nick and my parents. HOLY CRAP WE ARE HAVING A BABY. Everyone was super excited and we couldn't wait to meet our baby girl. Nick and I got to the hospital around 4:15pm and I was admitted and the pitocin and IV were started. Little did I know we were in for a LONG ride. I had my epidural around midnight and by 7:00am (14 hours later) I had not dilated as much as they would have liked. I was only at a 6 and my water had not broke and Charlotte's head was not dropping. At 7:15am Dr. Rodriguez (he was the one on duty) came in and said that with my blood pressure being so high, and me not dilating as fast as they would have liked, and her head not dropping etc...he thought a C-section was best.
At this point I really didn't care how she came and agreed. Then after he left the room I had this overwhelming since of disappointment that I couldn't do it naturally. Nick was really reassuring and told me how great I was doing and that this was the best thing for both me and the baby. Nick got ready in his scrubs while they were prepping me in the OR. I was so scared and I just wanted it to be over. I wanted to see our baby and make sure she was OK, I wanted to be off the operating table and safe in recovery, I wanted my husband next to me holding my hand. Finally Nick was able to come in and I felt much better having him near me. Things got underway and I remember the nurse saying "OK your going to feel some tugging and pulling, your going to see your baby in just a few minuets" I couldn't wait to see her....As I'm writing this I still can remember all the feelings and emotions like it happened yesterday. I remember the OR being really cold and that the Beastie Boys "You gotta fight for your right to party" was playing in the back ground. Then it happened the Dr. said "here she is, she's beautiful" and held her up over the curtain so I could see the most beautiful thing on this earth. I cried so hard when I saw her and thanked god that she was healthy and that everyone was safe. She entered this world at 9:18am on January 21st and since that day my life has been blessed with the most amazing little girl. Thank you god for giving us Charlotte, being a mother is the greatest gift I have ever been given.
2 comments:
That's so sweet Jaimers! I'm so happy for you guys too. Char sure is a lucky little lady!
What a great birth story! Did you know that Dr. Easter is my OB too? I look forward to our next birth story. :)
Post a Comment